From physical keys to digital keypads, modern door entry systems have definitely come a long way in terms of enhancing security and increasing convenience.
Yet in light of COVID-19 and its ongoing impact on public health and the economy, such security systems may prove to be insufficient to protect you and your employees from contracting and spreading this infection.
COVID-19 is a Security Problem too
Considered as a global pandemic, COVID-19 is a highly infectious respiratory illness that can be transmitted from person to person. It is commonly spread through large respiratory droplets that are expelled when an infected individual coughs or sneezes.
If proper coughing and sneezing etiquette is not practiced, these infected droplets can land on surfaces, including touchpads and fingerprint scanners, surviving for hours or even days.
Should you or an employee use these security systems, and then touch your face, mouth or nose, you become at risk of also being infected.
Touchless Access Control for Disease Prevention
Thankfully, there are touchless access control systems that are available to maintain the security of your facility and protect yourself and your employees from COVID-19. Enter the Suprema FaceLite, a facial biometrics system that offers higher levels of security, accuracy and matching speed.
Using Suprema’s trademark optical technology, FaceLite is highly adaptable to extreme lighting conditions, from midday (25,000 lx) to midnight (0 lx). Through Bluetooth and NFC technology, touchless entry is achieved.
What are the Benefits?
In the time of COVID-19, upgrading to touchless biometrics systems like this is advantageous and necessary to prevent direct person-to-person contact and keep everyone safe. Other benefits include:
- Convenience – Touchless access control systems negate the need to carry around keys or access cards, thereby also reducing risk of these items being lost or stolen.
- Cost-effective – Some touchless systems allow pairings with smartphones and other mobile devices in lieu of keys and keycards. This saves money in creating keys or replacing them when needed. Additionally, these systems are equipped with management control capabilities that help reduce time and operational costs.
- Accountability – Similarly, access control systems can be integrated with your facility’s time and attendance records. This makes it easier and quicker for you to log in each employee’s work hours.
- Security – Facial biometrics are unique, making it impossible for an individual without access (not having his or her biometrics on record) to a facility to gain entry. There is no danger of identity or data being shared or stolen this way, unlike with physical keys.
- Versatility – You can install touchless access control systems anywhere, from your office to your home, even to public establishments like parking lots.
To learn more about Suprema FaceLite and how it can safeguard your facilities and employees from hazards like intruders or COVID-19 contamination, call Hitec International at 0917 844 6331 | 0998 999 3543 .