Next Generation Security Software Platform
• Maps can now include linked geometric shapes and freehand shapes
To support the new shape tools, the Position screen’s action bar has the following additional buttons:
• Strong User Password rules can now be customized and enforced
Configure a strong password policy via the Options > System & SQL screen. The settings include:
- Enforce Password History policy
- Maximum Password Age policy
- Minimum Password Length policy
- Passwords Must Meet Complexity Requirements policy
This feature allows organizations to meet Standard Password Policies and Guidelines.
• User Passwords can now be changed at the user’s discretion via the dashboard
A logged in user can choose to change their password from the dashboard, via the down arrow immediately following the displayed user name.
• A user can now be forced to change their password.
In the Users screen, each user’s details now include a Should Password be replaced checkbox. When selected, the user must change their password the next time they log in to Amadeus8.
• Mifare support has been added for Biometric Suprema2 readers
Choose a Wiegand format for a biometric reader in the reader’s details. The formats available are Mifare 32-bit and Standard 26.
- In the Position screen’s action bar, the Pan button and the Select button are now displayed side-by-side.
- The Amadeus8 WebApp is now multilingual, 3 additional languages are available (China, Polish, Portuguese), and more to come - as RESX files are returned to the support team. The languages are available via your browser settings.
- A Navigate to map context menu item has been added to Alarm events in the following: Display Events Screen, Event Log Screen, Unconfirmed Alarms dialog (accessed via the dashboard). Click Navigate to map to display the Security Center map with the alarmed icon.
- A Department field has been added to all Global Reflex Access Trigger Events where a cardholder can be specified. This allows you to qualify the cardholder who will trigger the event based on their assigned department.
- An Input can now be marked Bypass via an API command.
- Amadeus8 WebApp display has minor improvements.
- A new Galaxy refresh I/O delay setting has been added to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Amadeus8\NM\NMService.exe.config under the entry GxIoRefreshDelay. The default value is 20 seconds.
- Database bloat has been addressed with a ShrinkDatabase and a ShrinkJournal automatic operation that will take place every day at approximately 4:25 AM.
- Fixed: A scrollbar now appears when a long Manual Events list is opened from the Dashboard.
- Fixed: In the Access > Access Group screen, adding additional readers to an already existing Door Access Group no longer unselects previously selected readers from the same controller.
- Fixed: Initializing a biometric reader from the Diagnostic screen will now reliably download cardholder information to the reader.
- Fixed: After a biometric reader has successfully initialized, the Task List will show that the initialization has been completed.
- Fixed: Chinese language Report Templates now correctly display all characters.
- Fixed: Cardholder details now displays long badge codes more legible.
- Fixed: Amadeus8 WebApp Searches now include all pages in the search process.